Assignment 2


Finding your true self 

As the challenge of the game is to not die while still beating your enemies, you have fun winning, but find out your angry side 'raging' to the times you don't beat your enemies. You encounter many normal enemies, and your main boss fights. Each enemy presents different challenges, with many different attacks and weaknesses. You have to play to the strength of your character and form a strategy to kill your enemy. 
Abilities and Strategies
As this is my first time playing this game, I took a very careful approach, upgrading my characters as much as possible so I didn’t die that much, and my brother also told me about a cool thing the game offers which is the assess ability, which tells you the weaknesses of your enemy.  There is also another mechanic in the game called the stagger meter, where the enemy has a meter that increases as it gets damaged. As that meter gets filled, the enemy enters a state called stagger, which means your attacks will do much more damage than normal and they can’t attack back. Using the enemy’s weakness, the enemy will enter the pressured state, where your attacks will increase the stagger meter much more than normal.  For example, very early in the game, you encounter an enemy named Doom Rat. Using the assess ability, I found out its weakness was ice.  So, a very easy way to defeat that enemy was to enter battle with the ice Materia equipped to force the Doom Rat into a pressured State. This staggered the Doom Rat so that it died very quickly to my attacks. 
Assess Ability

Stagger Meter
RAGE!?!?!?
😡😡😡😡
Other enemies, especially in Boss Fights, have much more complicated strategies to take advantage of, so sometimes it is trial and error, so you’ll need more attempts to fight your boss enemy to defeat it. I would definitely say that the more I had to try and beat the bosses, the angrier and more frustrated I got, but it really made me try and get better at the game and develop better strategies to beat the bosses!

(Accurate representation of me after failing the same mission three times)


Comments