Assignment 1

FANTASY VII REMAKE

Jessie

Starting out the game, you have a variety of characters to choose from, from Rufus Shinra, to Jessie, and Scarlet. I personally loved controlling Jessie, but also loved the fact that you go into battle with three characters at once.





 Of course, you could only have direct control over one character at a time, but I loved freely switching into any which one I wanted to. 


Vocabulary

Being new to the game, I did die a lot from losing all my hit points, my first time playing an RPG game, the more vocabulary I learned. HP stands for ‘hit points’. As you progress through the game, the stronger and more difficult enemies become to defeat.  What makes this RPG game so special is that there are different setups and armor, upgrading characters is typical to every RPG game, but the Final Fantasy 7 remake is based on a system named Materia. This allows you to equip different Materia items which give your characters different abilities in battle. For example, if you equip the fire Materia, your character will be able to cast a fire spell. 



HOPAS

My favorite part of playing this game was not only going into battle with my favorite Japanese animated characters but solving puzzles to get from point A to point B. For example, on my first mission, I had to find a way to remove a robot arm from a doorway to get into the next room. The more puzzles I did, the better I got at them. One thing I really liked was that the game has minimal control over the storyline, so all players got to experience the same thing.  If you were wondering, 'HOPAS' stands for hidden picture or object puzzle.😂

Based off of how I am enjoying this game so far, I can tell I am leaning towards buying the next Final Fantasy to play!

Comments